Diligence – Style – Delivery
English, Dutch, and Spanish to French translation of books, academic papers, essays, websites, teaching materials and more.
French proofreading and copy-editing of books and other materials aimed at both a specialized or general public.
Books & essays
Main fields of activity:
Philosophy & religion
Human & social sciences
Economics & pop economics
Art & cinema
Jérôme DuquèneFreelance proofreader, copy-editor and translator since 2007.
- Master Degree in Philosophy – History of Philosophy (Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium).
- Master of Advanced Studies in History of Christianity (Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium).
- Master of Advanced Studies in Philosophy and Culture (Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium).
- Former French teacher for foreign students.
- Former Assistant Director for an Art House, in charge of programming and communication.
Currently based in Spain.
“Skilful, reliable and available, Jérôme has been rewarding us with a truly qualitative work in all respects for several years. It is in all confidence and always with pleasure that we trust him on a regular basis with the English to French translation of Economics and Management books for our collections.”
Dominique De Raedt
Editorial Manager, De Boeck Supérieur
“We were highly impressed with your incredible vigilance in fixing cosmetic issues… Your detection and your competence especially are exceptional… you have harnessed your understanding of language and content to prevent us from leaving any misunderstanding… Hats off to you. We thank you warmly for your beautiful editing of our manuscript ‘Réussir’ which you helped us literally polish.”
Annie Piolat & Jacques Vauclair
Authors of “Réussir ses études de psychologie”
“You did a fantastic job and I feel extremely lucky to have had you as a translator.”
Steven E. Landsburg
Can You Outsmart an Economist?
“I thank you profusely for your comments and their absolute relevance.”
Vincent van Gogh – Questions d’identité